Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 7/9/14



Yea! It's time for the What's Up Wednesday weekly blog hop created Jaime Morrow and  Erin Funk. Thank you both for connecting writers together, this is great!


WHAT I'M READING


Defiance (Defiance #1)I had a plan, I downloaded the book and everything. And then I found an even newer, shinier book. So now I'm addicted to Defiance by C. J. Redwine. I figure the series should keep me busy for a good while.

 




WHAT I'M WRITING


Still working on edits for WiP, I can almost see a light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm still dragging. I also re-wrote my query letter with the help of Shannon Messenger's Shannon Style Series. I'm revising it to upload to AbsoluteWrite and get some feedback today.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW


A deadline. Midwest Writer's Conference is two weeks away, and I want to have as much as I can ready to go. That includes my query letter, my synopsis, and an edited first draft (or as much as I can manage). We'll see how much of that I can get done.

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO


Our family got to take a fun camping trip for the 4th of July. My kids had a great time with both sets of grandparents, an aunt and uncle, and their favorite cousin Rosie! And I got to have a great time hanging out with my baby sister. The big highlight of the trip was watching her fiancé save a man from drowning. I am still in awe of how quickly he responded, with no training whatsoever, just pure instinct.

I can't wait to hear from the rest of you!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck getting everything done by the conference :D Glad to hear you had a great camping trip, too. And wow, saved someone from drowning? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Defiance but I haven't read it yet. It looks really good.
    Good luck on your deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your deadline! That can definitely be a great motivator. And I'm glad you had a good camping trip...haven't been camping in awhile, and I miss it!

    ReplyDelete