Monday, July 7, 2014

Ready, Set, WRITE! 2014 Week 5









RSW is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can sign up on the linky at any of the host blogs every Monday. Remember to encourage other participants too! For more info on RSW and a link to the lovely buttons, go here.

1. How I did on last week’s goals
Oh my, very poorly. I was very excited to have a three day camping weekend away (hence the water button). There would be tons of grandparents around that wanted time with the kids and I thought I might get some time for writing. Unfortunately, I only got one chapter revised, but a lot of time to just be (and some time to read).


2. My goal(s) for this week
Now I get to play catch up and freak out.


  • Revise two chapters in WIP
  • Revise query letter
  • Revise synopsis
 
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised."Life does not work as in the stories that mothers tell their children. This is real life and I am accepting my lot in it."4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.
My husband lovingly demanded that I put my laptop away and just breathe for the weekend. It was good for my family, but I had expected to revise two extra chapters on the trip. Now I am in a hurry because Midwest Writer's Conference is in two weeks and I want to have as much as I can ready to take with me.

5. Something I love about my WiP.
Raw emotion. Sometimes while writing/reading it feels like I am in the emotions of my characters. It's an incredible feeling.

I can't wait to hear from others. How did you do this week?

  
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to just be. And I have full faith you'll accomplish all you need to this week! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only got in 700 words- but I read 5 books! Time to get back to the keys this week. =) Best wishes to you, I'm sure you'll get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raw emotion is the absolute best. Sounds like you've got something cool going on with the way your WIP is speaking to you.

    ReplyDelete