RSW is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can sign up on the linky at any of the host blogs every Monday. Remember to encourage other participants too! For more info on RSW and a link to the lovely buttons, go here.
1. How I did on last week’s goals
I got some things accomplished, but not as much as I had hoped.
- Revise two chapters in WIP- Big fail, I got about half of one chapter. I did put the last revised chapter through critique group on Thursday. I'm glad that I waited because I have new things to take into account for the next chapter.
- Revise query letter- Finished and critiqued, ready for final touches
- Revise synopsis- Big fail
2. My goal(s) for this week
I'm not really sure how to predict this week. I am having a procedure done today and I'll be restricted for most of the week. While this means I'll have isolated attachment to my laptop, I also don't know how I'll feel about writing. But I'll shoot on the ambitious side, I can only hope for the best.
- Revise two chapters in WIP
- Final revision of query letter
- Revise synopsis
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
My new hook: When Mirea meets the handsome king, she is intrigued by him, but appalled by his offer: become his mistress and all her family's debts will be forgiven.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.
Nerves. Preoccupation with the procedure has taken over my brain. I started off the week gang busters, but have been slacking this weekend.
5. Something I love about my WiP.
It gave me a new hope. When things are looking bad, it's the one thing I can come back to and know that it's possible for things to get better.
How did you do this week? I'd love to hear from you!