Monday, July 14, 2014

Ready, Set, Write! Week 6





 
 
RSW is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can sign up on the linky at any of the host blogs every Monday. Remember to encourage other participants too! For more info on RSW and a link to the lovely buttons, go here.
 
1. How I did on last week’s goals
I got some things accomplished, but not as much as I had hoped.
  • Revise two chapters in WIP- Big fail, I got about half of one chapter. I did put the last revised chapter through critique group on Thursday. I'm glad that I waited because I have new things to take into account for the next chapter.
  • Revise query letter- Finished and critiqued, ready for final touches
  • Revise synopsis- Big fail
2. My goal(s) for this week
 I'm not really sure how to predict this week. I am having a procedure done today and I'll be restricted for most of the week. While this means I'll have isolated attachment to my laptop, I also don't know how I'll feel about writing. But I'll shoot on the ambitious side, I can only hope for the best.
  • Revise two chapters in WIP
  • Final revision of query letter
  • Revise synopsis
 
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
My new hook:  When Mirea meets the handsome king, she is intrigued by him, but appalled by his offer: become his mistress and all her family's debts will be forgiven.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.
Nerves. Preoccupation with the procedure has taken over my brain. I started off the week gang busters, but have been slacking this weekend.

5. Something I love about my WiP.
It gave me a new hope. When things are looking bad, it's the one thing I can come back to and know that it's possible for things to get better.


How did you do this week?
I'd love to hear from you!

  
 

5 comments:

  1. It's great that your query is almost done. Sorry to hear about your procedure and I hope it goes well. Worrying about stuff like that makes writing (and everything else) difficult.Things can definitely get better, so hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that your writing inspires and gives you hope! Writing is the one thing that keeps me SANE - always my happy place. Glad it's a source of contentment for you too.

    Also, synopses are evil. I procrastinate mine forever before I write them and revise them. Good luck with that, but yay for the query! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck, I have never worked on a synopsis with any level of enthusiasm. Like Alison, they're evil! =) Hope all goes well w/the procedure. I say pamper yourself w/lots of chocolate and good books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Large supply of chocolate, books, and laptop? Check!

      Delete
  4. It's amazing how much work a single query letter can take! Sounds like you're getting it down, though, so exciting! And your new hook sounds great. Good luck this week!!

    ReplyDelete