Monday, August 10, 2015

Ready, Set, Write! Update #9

Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman. We check in every Monday and conclude on August 31.

1. How I did on last week’s goals

Add 5,000 words to Beauty Bound: Up 4,000, so pretty good

Perfect #PitchWars entry: Will it ever really be perfect?

Blogpost on MWW: YES!

Exercise three days this week: Done!

Finish piece for critique partner: half done

Read a book off of my ever-growing "to-read" list: Thirteen Reasons Why, fantastic, but terrifying as the mother of girls

Scope out places and setting for author photos: a little, now to convince the husband to do them

2. My goal(s) for this week

Add 5,000 words to Beauty Bound

Perfect #PitchWars entry

Exercise three days this week

Finish piece for critique partner

Read a book off of my "to-read" list


3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote

How long could she last? Where else would she go? She couldn’t go home. Her nightmare would only come back.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write, the siren song of SNIs)

Finding focus. Finding time. Finding my brain.

5. Something I love about my WIP

The characters and their complicated relationship.




Write like no one is watching!

1 comment:

  1. 4K is great! I've not read 13 Reasons Why, though I've heard so much about it. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete