Monday, July 21, 2014

Ready, Set, WRITE! Week 7




RSW is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can sign up on the linky at any of the host blogs every Monday. Remember to encourage other participants too! For more info on RSW and a link to the lovely buttons, go here.
 
 
 
1. How I did on last week’s goals
 
Really well, two goals completed and the last, well... My super helpful link for the week is from Janice Hardy's website: Living in My Head: Crafting Natural-Sounding Internal Thoughts

Revise two chapters in WIP - Actual success! I revised two chapters and started on a third. I
was really on a roll for a while.


Final revision of query letter - Finished the final revisions, I think it's good enough to take to MWW14.


Revise synopsis - I took a look at it Sunday night, but I don't think it really counts.

 
2. My goal(s) for this week
 It's Midwest Writer's Week, I'm so excited!!! So my goals are different for this week.

  • Revise synopsis by Wednesday 
  • Print copies of materials to share at MWW14 
  • Learn!
 
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.

“Would it not have been easier to put a pea under my pillow?” she mumbled.

“Easier, but less enjoyable for me,” he said with a smirk.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.

Sadness. Being stuck in my chair did have it's benefits and I started the week out great. But when two big traumas hit me on Friday, I pretty much went down the rabbit hole. I think I finally dug my way out, but it was a bummer two days for writing.

5. Something I love about my WiP.


Since it's a fairy tale it's all about getting to your happily ever after. And it's a nice goal to work toward. I mean, you have to get dragged through tar and muck to get there, but who shouldn't have to work towards a happy ending?


How did you do this week?
I'd love to hear from you!

  
 

9 comments:

  1. Janice Hardy's blog is really helpful! Great job on your goals this week, and best of luck with that synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love HEAs! But I'm so sorry for all the trauma you've been experiencing. :( I hope things continue to get better and that you continue with this awesome productivity. Also, good luck with that synopsis. Getting them down to a page and just sticking to the larger plot points is always so hard! But Susan Dennard has a really awesome guide over at Publishing Crawl that saved my synopses.

    You can do it! Good luck! And I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your traumatic news. Prayers your way. Hope you have a great and successful time at MWW14.

    "Who shouldn't have to work towards a happy ending?" Love it. Words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, I love happy endings. Sorry to hear about the rough end to your week, but I'm glad you're doing better now. Congrats on getting some revisions done. I hate writing query letters, they're so hard for me, but I'm glad you got yours out of the way. Good luck with MWW14.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing a synopsis is the hardest thing, for me, so good luck with it! I found Susan Dennard's post really useful (actually, I wouldn't have a synopsis without it at all).

    Sorry to hear about your sad end of the week. Hope this week brings you some brighter news :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you've been dealing with some yucky stuff. Hope this week is better for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun at the writers conf. I've gone to a local daylong one but nothing major and I'd love to go sometime.
    I love what you said about your WIP. Happily ever afters that are just given don't mean as much as the ones you have to work your butt off for. It's the same for real life and books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Writing my synopsis was so difficult for me, I hope your go smoothly. Have fun at the conference. Hope this week is productive and less yucky stuff happening

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your conference, I love getting to be around other writers. And did you know about the Indiana Writer's Workshop going on in Indianapolis on Nov 1st? I'm hoping to get to go. Here's the website for it: http://indianawritingworkshop.com/ Hope this week goes great for you!

    ReplyDelete