Monday, July 27, 2015

Ready, Set, Write! Update #7

Or as I like to call it, better late than never.
 
Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison MillerJaime MorrowErin FunkElodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman. We check in every Monday and conclude on August 31.

1. How I did on last week’s goals

Follow up with agents and on #Pit2Pub requests. Check

Add 2,000 words to Arrow Nocked or Survivors. Yeah, no. But I got a lot written on Beauty Bound

Get back into normal routine for 3 whole days... I don't think I would recognize normal anymore

Then Midwest Writers Workshop this week!!! That is going to take a blogpost or five to explain the awesomeness

 
2. My goal(s) for this week

Add 5,000 words to Beauty Bound


Review my notes from Midwest Writers Workshop and tab the areas for further review

Blogpost on MWW

Get ready for back to school

Exercise three days this week

3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote

Revision/editing/elaborating
The Oversharers

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write, the siren song of SNIs)

After hours in workshop, I wanted to attack my manuscripts with a bloody red pen and have hours and days to write. But of course, I went drinking with my new writing buddies and then went on a trip to Holiday World with the family.

5. Something I love about my WIP

It's 15,000 words away from being marketable. (13,000 if I get to count the words added today)




Write beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment