Monday, July 20, 2015

Ready, Set, Write! Update #6


 
 
Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman. We check in every Monday and conclude on August 31.

1. How I did on last week’s goals

17 pages edited

1200 words added to Arrow Nocked

Relaxing...


Oh yeah

And I finished 2, count them, 2 books this week.

2. My goal(s) for this week

Follow up with agents and on #Pit2Pub requests.

Add 2,000 words to Arrow Nocked or Survivors.

Get back into normal routine for 3 whole days...

Then Midwest Writers Workshop this week!!! Anyone else going??

3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised

The king trusted him. The king was wrong.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write, the siren song of SNIs)

There was a lot of swimming and alcohol and fun that kept dragging me away. Not really complaining though.

And writing on an iPad 24/7 is kind of a pain. I missed my laptop.

5. Something I love about my WiP

That BB is still surprising me after 2 years. And still improving!



Write your heart!

5 comments:

  1. Swimming and alcohol and fun? And that picture? JEALOUS. Glad you had a great time! Sounds like you did great with your goals this week too! Good luck with Pitch2Pub! Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous, too! Your vacation looks like it was amazing! Good luck on your goals this week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your view!
    Do you have an app for writing on your Ipad? I've thought about doing that when I'm out of town, but figured it would be easier handwriting. Would love to know your thoughts!
    Glad you had a great week, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Word app for the iPad. It's free, but doesn't come with all the features and sucks to make changes with. I have a nice keyboard that I use with it and it's a lot like writing with a laptop as long as I have room to set it up. It barely fits on a plane tray table. ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow, that looks like a lovely place to relax! Have fun at the workshop! And did you ask me if I was going? Sorry, I forgot until now. Anyhoo, no, I went to the SCBWI conference earlier this spring, and that was my one for the year. =(

    ReplyDelete