Monday, June 29, 2015

Ready, Set, Write! Week 3


 
Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Katy Upperman. We check in every Monday and conclude on August 31.

1. How I did on last week’s goals

Apply the edits from ACP to the rest of Beauty Bound so I can continue querying: I have spent the majority of my time on this piece and am happy that I am very closed to finished!

Add 2,000 words to Arrow Nocked or Survivors: 538 to AN, 470 to Survivors, so only about half

Reach 190 active minutes: 281, nailed it!

Finish vacation planning: yeah, no

2. My goal(s) for this week

Finish the BB edits.

Add 2,000 words to Arrow Nocked or Survivors.

Reach 210 active minutes.

Finish vacation planning!

Finish reading Graceling.

3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised


I’m forced to be with this stranger in my room. A stranger who talked about how he saved me. My black white knight.

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write, the siren song of SNIs)

I really wanted to get to the writing, but exciting news made me hit the BB edits harder than I had anticipated.

5. Something I love about my WiP

I love my comical scenes. They're so much fun to read and write.



Write lots!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for exciting news and comical scenes! And your snippet has me all kinds of intrigued! Also, I love, love, love Graceling! One of my favorite fantasies. :)

    Hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The line you shared is super intriguing -- love it! Also, yay for exciting news! Looking forward to the day you can share. Have an awesome week, Anna!

    ReplyDelete