Monday, August 11, 2014

Ready, Set, WRITE! Week 10




 
RSW is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can sign up on the linky at any of the host blogs every Monday. Remember to encourage other participants too! For more info on RSW and a link to the lovely buttons, go here.
 
1. How I did on last week’s goals
Well, I didn't make last week's goals, so I'll just update from the week before.
  • Revise two chapters in HB- I got about one and a half done then got blocked by major problems.
  • Work on SI- This I actually did. I got about 1,000 words written.
  • Revise synopsis- Still procrastinating
2. My goal(s) for this week
  • Revise two chapters in HB
  • Write a new chapter in SI 
  • Read every day
 
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
His only ambition in life was to own his own farm. And marry me. The man has no sense.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.
Life getting in the way. Two weeks ago was garage sale cleaning week. And last week was first week of school for the kiddos. I'm really hoping things will start cooling down!

5. Something I love about my WiP.
I love having two WIPs. When I get annoyed or discouraged with one, I move to the other. It keeps me from getting so stuck.


How did you do this week?
I'd love to hear from you!

  
 

6 comments:

  1. First week of school already? That's crazy! My kids don't start until September.
    I can't work on two WIPs at the same time, it drives me insane. I have to focus on one at a time and then switch to another.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to have two WiPs to work on simultaneously. And I can't believe school is starting. CRAZY! Mine don't go back for a few weeks, but high school sports are practicing. It's busy enough with all that!

    Good luck this week! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed you're working on 2 WIPs at the same time! Great line you shared--made me smile ;). Hope this week is productive for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't normally work on two drafts at once, but I find it does help when you get stuck on one of them! Good luck this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE synopses. I also hate never knowing how to write them in plural. =) I like doing the two WIP thing too. Though I did have to stop a few weeks ago, b/c I just want to get my main one done. Finito. The end. =) Best of luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having two (or more) WiPs rocks! (Of course, I always thought that was true for me because I have zero attention span.) I find it's a great way to keep writing no matter what.

    ReplyDelete