Sunday, March 9, 2014

So you wrote a book?

I've been secretly writing for about two years now. Most of it has been unpublishable fun stuff. Until last June when I started HB. So I would sit at my computer and write in secret at night when my kids were in bed and no one really knew besides my husband and the people online who read my work. Thank you all! But now, I'm getting close to a point where I'm going to submit and I want to shout it from the rooftops. In practice though, I am slowly divvying it out to people closest to me.

So now when I tell people, I'm getting a lot of questions. What's the book about? When can I read it? So are you going to get it published? I have an idea for a book. Its odd for me, something I've kept so close to my heart, and now I'm just sharing it with everyone. But it feels to get it out there. Even if I have to be terribly embarrassed when I don't ever get it published. Who knows though, maybe it can beat the odds, maybe I'll never sell a single copy. The one thing I'll never feel is regret because at least I did it, at least I tried.

Just finished reading: The Elite, by Kiera Cass

The Elite (The Selection, #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment