Thursday, January 23, 2014

Scaredy Cat

I am really trying to be brave.  Daytime Anna is much braver, or at least she thinks so.  I don't have nearly as much problem arguing with the big wigs, albeit cautiously.  There I take chances, I push my agenda when needed.  When it comes to my writing, I am so much more closeted.  I wrote for a year before I told anyone besides my husband.  Then a year and a half before I let my sisters read it.  The stories are posted online for a bunch of strangers, but no one in my personal life.  Because how embarrassed would I be if they were awful?  I've been trying though, I told a couple of my co-workers that I was writing a novel and I got mostly positive reactions.  Still, I am waiting for someone to laugh in my face.  I guess that's for the agents to do when I try to sell this thing.

Now I think my fear is starting to affect my writing.  I am two chapters away from being done.  Two chapters left, light at the end of the tunnel, setting up the fireworks display as we speak.  So why can I not get through these last two chapters.  I am doing everything else in the sun, I've been reading up on editing, querying, critiquing, the publishing process; everything except for putting these last two chapters on paper.

So now I'm going to stop my useless whining and put these last two chapters down so I can move on to the next step and let that good old left brain take a crack at it.

Story update: The main characters now have names- Mirea and Trystan

No comments:

Post a Comment